Ririe-Woodbury Dance Company is in constant motion, known both nationally and internationally for commissioning works by exceptional choreographers as well as our own artistic director Charlotte Boye-Christensen. Ririe-Woodbury is deeply invested in the language of contemporary dance and strives to be at the forefront thus providing audiences with a variety of choreographic styles in a single evening. The Company's repertory ranges from minimalist to multi-media dances by some of the world's best contemporary choreographers. Ririe-Woodbury as a company is committed to producing innovative, moving and compelling work that challenges our audiences' perceptions of what contemporary dance can be.
In addition, Ririe-Woodbury's collaboration with the Nikolais/Louis Foundation for Dance is also committed to keep the dances of American treasure Alwin Nikolais on the stage. This multimedia master has influenced the most popular dance companies and choreographers around the world.
Ririe–Woodbury Dance Company sets itself apart from other companies in the following ways:
- Making performances accessible for adults, families, and young audiences
- Showcasing original works of choreography by exceptional contemporary artists
- Serving as the only company to perform full-evening dances by Alwin Nikolais
- Committing to serve the community through residencies and outreach programs
- Tailoring community residencies and performances to meet the specific needs of the presenter