Ririe-Woodbury Dance Company
Job Description: Assistant Bookkeeper
Salt Lake City, Utah
Ririe-Woodbury Dance Company, a non-profit corporation founded in 1964 and based at the Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center in downtown Salt Lake City, seeks a reliable, hourly bookkeeping assistant. Candidate must be efficient in QuickBooks account system, have some experience preparing organizational reports for an annual audit, preparation of budgets for grant proposals, other statistical reports as they relate to the Company finances, as well as some payroll experience. Ririe-Woodbury has a small staff and a large group of contractors.
Candidate must possess strong communication skills, proven ability to produce accurate and highly detailed work, and the ability to meet deadlines. Position reports directly to the Executive Director and Bookkeeper.
Bookkeeping department is responsible for maintaining all Company financial records. This includes adherence to grants/contracts, state and federal financial regulations and reporting requirements, payroll, and development of budgets in coordination with the Executive Director and other departments a needed.
Position Department Responsibilities:
- Prepare, enter, and reconcile financial transactions
- Manage administrative and operational accounting services such as fee for service, payroll and accounts payable
- Reconcile bank accounts, credit card statements, etc.
- Prepare adjusting, reconciling and closing entries each month, quarter, and year
- Coordinate and lead annual audit process and liaise with external auditors
- Bank deposits
- Prepare quarterly reports for Executive Director and Board of Trustees
- Maintain proper contract management process and protocols
- Prepare and send invoices when needed
- Prepare budgets for Company grant applications
- Communicate and present critical financial matters
- Stay up to date on non-profit reporting to government entities
- Maintain an understanding of the organization and the budget funding effects
- Receive and verify vendor/contract and invoices
- Business or Accounting degree required
- Minimum of three years bookkeeping experience
- QuickBooks proficient
- Accounting in non-profit experience strongly preferred
- Excel proficient
Applicants must have legal status to work in the United States and able to pass a background check.
Hourly: 8-10 hours per week depending on need. Flexible hours.
Compensation: $20.00-$25.00 per hour based on experience
Start Date: Until filled To Apply: Email resume and three references to:
Ririe-Woodbury Dance Company
Subject: Assistant Bookkeeper
Email: About Ririe-Woodbury
Founded in 1964 in Salt Lake City, Utah, Ririe-Woodbury is a nationally renowned contemporary dance company who makes a positive contribution to the discipline of contemporary dance and to the arts community at large serving more than 50,000 artists and audience members each year. Company Mission: Ririe-Woodbury Dance Company is committed to furthering contemporary dance as an accessible and valued art form through performance and dance education that raise the standards, deepen the understanding and promote personal connections with dance. The Company pursues this overall vision through: 1. Performing innovative original works and commissioning choreographers of exceptional talent 2. Providing dance education for all levels and outcomes 3. Touring regionally, nationally and inter-nationally 4. Training artists as performers, educators and choreographers 5. Developing dance audiences.