Elementary and Middle School Students: ELEMENTS/ELEMENTOS
NEWS: Spanish narration will be added for 2018 performances!!
ELEMENTS/ELEMENTOS is the Company’s free matinee performances made available to elementary school, middle, and high school students for the school year 2017-18.
ELEMENTS/ELEMENTOS offers wonderfully colorful, vibrant, inspiring and educational dances about different elements that exist in our world. The program includes Physalia (1977), a recreation of the alluringly organic work, originally choreographed by Pilobolus co-founders Moses Pendleton and Alison Chase. Also included is the You and The Space Between (2014) which utilizes a live video feed that defies gravity in a mesmerizing exploration of space and time - a returning favorite by Company alum Miguel Azcue. As part of building an inclusive and diverse arts community in Utah, the Company will have Spanish narration in addition to English narration this season.
Every year upto 7,000 students attend this performance free of charge (it is supported by Utah State Board of Education) to see the Ririe-Woodbury's Free Student Matinees. Join us this year to enjoy ELEMENTS/ELEMENTOS, which promises to bring inclusive and impactful contemporary dance experience for all ages.
Reservations are required and space fills up quickly, so sign up today!
This performance is open to all grades, K-12.
This year's performance will be narrated in English and Spanish
- Wednesday, January 31, 2018- 10:00am
- Thursday, February 1, 2018- 10:00am (FULL/CLOSED)
- Friday, February 2, 2018- 10:00am
- Performance run time: approximately 55 minutes
- Admission: FREE to all Utah Schools
- Teacher Support: easy to use TEACHER'S GUIDE
- Location: Capitol Theatre, 50 West 200 South, Salt Lake City, UT
- Reserve Space Now>>- OR CALL 801-297-4241
- For lesson ideas and plans for your classroom, see our Teacher's Guide for ELEMENTS 2018: Teachers_Guide_for_Elements_Jan.18smlr.pdf
Middle and High School Students
Ririe-Woodbury Dance Company makes their shows available to nearly 1,200 middle and high school students year-round with free student previews to see the Company's diverse repertory. This performance is ideal for grades 7-12.
We have added a few extra student previews in response to the high demand from schools in the past season. We still expect to fill the theater quickly. Please reserve your seats early to make sure your students can enjoy this wonderful educational program free of charge.
- PARALLAX STUDENT PREVIEW: September 27 (Wed), 2017 at 11:00am (80-90 minutes) (FULL/CLOSED)
- PARALLAX STUDENT PREVIEW: September 28 (Thurs), 2017 at 11:00am (80-90 minutes)
- PARALLAX STUDENT PREVIEW: September 29 (Fri), 2017 at 11:00am (55-60 minutes) *Shorter/truncated program
- RETURN STUDENT PREVIEW: April 25 (Wed), 2018 at 10:00am (FULL/CLOSED) & 12:30pm (FULL/CLOSED) (80-90 minutes)
- RETURN STUDENT PREVIEW: April 26 (Thurs), 2018 at 10:00am (FULL/CLOSED) & 12:30pm (FULL/CLOSED) (80-90 minutes)
- RETURN STUDENT PREVIEW: April 27 (Fri), 2018 at 11:00am (7 seats left) (55-60 minutes) *Shorter/truncated program
- Reserve Space Now>> - OR CALL 801-297-4241
- Performance run time: 60 - 90 minutes
- Admission: FREE to all Utah Schools
- PARALLAX STUDENT PREVIEW Location: Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center, Jeanné Wagner Theatre- 138 West Broadway, Salt Lake City, UT
- ELEMENTS/ELEMENTOS STUDENT MATINEE Location: JQ Lawson Capitol Theatre- 50 West 200 South, Salt Lake City, UT
- RETURN STUDENT PREVIEW Location: Eccles Theatre, The Regent Street Black Box Theatre- 131 South Main Street, Salt Lake City, UT
"Thank you for the support of the Utah State Legislature that supports our free education experiences through the Utah State Office of Education POPS program." –Joan Woodbury and Shirley Ririe, Co-Founders of Ririe-Woodbury Dance Company